Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tangled

The entire inspiration for this party came from my favorite quote from the movie's theme song...

"And tomorrow night, lights will appear just like they do on my birthday each year."


My daughter asked for a Tangled party as soon as she saw the trailers for the movies.  My daughter is 5 now and has a very strong opinion about her birthdays.  Lucky for me, she picked a theme about a story I loved as a child.

Rapunzel's dress is purple and pink.  Naturally, I used those colors in the decor.  I also incorporated lanterns, suns and the yellow lilies. 

I wished we were saving this theme for an older birthday because my vision was to light up the backyard with lights and lanterns.  I decided we would begin the party on a late afternoon, knowing it would surely last through early evening.  As I envisioned, the outcome in the day was great but at night it was perfection!


I used regular cardstock in purple and pink to make the outside of the the invitation.  The inside was a golden paper (golden like Rapunzel's hair).  The golden sun in the front of the card was the ultimate giveaway. 

For centerpieces, I used "magical" yellow lilies. 

I made paper lanterns for the tables.  I used battery operated candles to ensure everyone's safety.

All about the lanterns!  The lanterns were such a special part of the movie.   



Some shots of the table.
 


A five year old's party must have tons of entertainment.  I bought small plain white lanterns from Oriental Trading.  The intention was for each child (and adults!) to take one down, decorate and hang it back up.  These were to be taken home at the end of the party. 




  
Children's craft area
    
Decorated lantern


I displayed the piñata near the entrance of our house.  Funny story about this piñata...this piñata would not break!  My husband had to tear it apart to get to the candies.  It was quite entertaining to watch the kids try and try but piñatas are meant to be broken easily.  I have decided piñatas are not my strength and I will not make them ever again.  :)


The little girls all wore tiaras. 


I ordered the cake from a local grocery in purple and pink.  Can you believe the theme was so new, they did not have a Rapunzel cake yet?  I bought the figurines from the Disney store. 
The birthday girl wore no shoes!  She insisted she needed to be barefoot just like Rapunzel.  It was her day so I let her.  :)
 
The birthday girl and me.







No comments:

Post a Comment