Thursday, May 24, 2012

We’re all mad here!


  


We’re all mad here!
We were walking through Ross the day after my princess turned 5 and found the most adorable tea-sets.  We bought them even though we didn’t know how we would use them.  Later that day, Liliana and I decided her next birthday party (in one year!) had to be Alice in Wonderland.  She asked for, specifically, cartoon Alice and not crazy-real-people Alice.  (I love the way kids express themselves.)

I think I say this about every party but this is my favorite theme so far.  The possibilities were endless.  It was actually a challenge to keep it under control.
I knew I would make my own table-runners again as I did with the “Fashionista Minnie” party.  My first mission was to find fabric to match the tea sets.  I think I ran to Joann’s fabric about 4 times and got opinions from 4 different people before I decided on a colorful, flowery pattern with hummingbirds.  So far so good...  :)

 
Those wonderful invitations
Next on my list were the invitations.  I knew I wanted to use a picture of Liliana in an Alice costume.  From time to time, we take the girls to a playground in a park that has some really tall and eerie trees.  It suddenly hit me, this scenery was perfect!  The outcome was awesome.
 

  I really like pocket invitations with multiple layers of papers in assorted colors with folds in interesting ways.  I did all of the above!  I picked my favorite pictures from the photo shoot and used them on the cover of the invitation.  The inside had a pocket that would hold a number of large tags with the invitation information.  I incorporated the table-runner fabric by scanning it and using it as a background of the pocket.  I used my Cricut to cut out the skeleton keys, clocks, picture borders and the large tags.

Where is all the Alice stuff?
I guess Alice in Wonderland is not a popular theme these days.  I found nothing at the party stores so I had to make everything.  Gratefully, I have this wonderful little machine called a Cricut.  I love my Cricut!
I made tags for favors and juice pops.  I stamped the phrases “Eat me” and “Drink me” on the tags.  I found the stamps on Etsy.



 I also made cupcake cozies and toppers with my Cricut.  I added Alice stickers. 




The goodies table

The delicious cake and cupcakes
Fruit cups were a hit.  The cozies fit perfectly.


Added googly eyes and a smile 
  
A different angle


Party Favors
I decorated mini top hats with feathers, flowers and ribbon and attached them to headbands for the kids to wear.


M&Ms are Liliana's favorites

Stickers on the jars say "Take me home or off with your head".   


Plates, cutlery and drinks
(See the tea-set that inspired the entire party!)

I had a few extra keys and clocks and decided to make a chandelier.

Full shot of the table


Seating for the Grown-ups

Centerpieces


Crazy signs that I bought on Etsy

Wonderland name game
Instructions are below. :)



Some shots of princess on her day.


 


A shot of with some of the kids just before they destroyed this awesome piñata I found on Etsy. :)  Liliana is wearing the cute little top hat I made for her.  The queen of hearts is little sister.







Another successful party…  :)




3 comments:

  1. Did you decorate the party? If so, Would you be my mother? Great gift you have Sherrod Cool-Breeze Moore aka KING

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AMAZING....wow! I had no clue you did all this...only knew about invitations

    ReplyDelete